Tuesday, July 22, 2008

First day/Preceptions ablaze@Chennai

4.10 PM 22nd July 2008

For the last 750 minutes things are happening with me at their whim. After barely sleeping for 70 minutes blaring taxi horn woke me at 3.30 am. I had no other option but to wake up and put myself into the taxi. I was in total confused state of mind. I had no idea how I am supposed to react. Amidst all the perplexing thoughts I reached airport and found some welcome company soon. 90 minutes in plane were vaguely thoughtless. Even the damsels (airhostess) could not invoke anything from me. 60 minutes of sleep rejuvenate me for the coming times. I landed with lots of assumptions which I have always tried to rein. Certain relationships teach you lots of things like conversing without saying anything and this skill is really helping me a lot here. Starting from getting a taxi to getting a room in hostel non verbal communication is playing a key role in shaping the things up.

10.43 PM 22nd July 2008 Perceptions ablaze

Things have started to fall in place. In the last 6 hours I have met more than 10 of my classmates and I am glad that I have got a good intelligent bunch of classmates, which is imperative for any MBA batch.

A frequent site of black bucks and deer no more excites anybody here. They seem to be the eternal part of the background. I will not say anything about the infrastructure here as IIT Chennai has truly lived up to its expectation as a top notch IIT. Great hostels, big dining halls, breath taking swimming pool, affable people can make any place worth living.

Lunch time was a glimpse of things to expect on diet front. It was pure southie food with three sambar like vegetables. I tried all three…..”It happens Vikas” that what I told myself….

But lots of options are available and you can get a good northie food at Basera which is a small eating joint saving hundreds of north Indian souls from despair of eating local food which infact is not bad either.

11.13 PM 22nd July 2008

It is a overwhelming feeling as internet is finally working in my hostel room. With everything configured it gives me a immense pleasure connecting with the world sitting in my hostel room.

No comments: